Dr. Margaret Mitchell, DDS, owner of Mitchell Dental Spa a dental spa facility in Chicago’s Water Tower Place, offers the following tips to for protecting your kids teeth at Halloween:
• Avoid sticky candy such as taffy, gummy bears, caramel, etc. Sticky Candy adheres to teeth and causes decay
• Kids can eat candy ANYTIME, there is not a good time of day/night to eat candy
• Brush immediately after eating candy, especially sticky candy
• Prior to Halloween, visit your dentist to have sealants put into the child’s teeth grooves
• Have you child chew gum with zylitol sweetener with prevents tooth decay. Orbit and Trident both have zylitol sweetener.