1) Eat a healthy breakfast within the first hour of waking up. Be sure it includes nutrients such as foliate, iron, vitamins and fiber. Foods like low-fat yogurt, low-fat waffles or oatmeal like Medifast Apple Cinnamon, are your best bet.
2) Do not over exercise. If you haven’t been exercising, don’t start it now! If you have been exercising then drop your weights to half your normal amount and don’t exceed 20 minutes / day for the first 3 weeks. No huffing, puffing or sweating during this time period.
3) Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily. This will help the body to better detoxify, protect and moisturize joints, kick start metabolism and absorb nutrients among other benefits.
4) Keep a food journal. This will help to create a conscious awareness of food intake and eating patterns.
5) Find a weight loss buddy or a health coach. This support system will provide the right motivation to keep you on track and the encouragement needed to succeed.
Dr. Wayne Andersen founder of Take Shape For Life (www.TSFL.com) has provided the above five tips to outline the simple actions we can take to encourage great weight loss.