Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cake
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 3 ½ -qt.
1 cup dry all-purpose baking mix
1 cup sugar, divided
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, plus
1/3 cup, divided
½ cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 2/3 cups hot water
1. Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the baking mix, ½ cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla. Spoon the batter into your slow cooker and spread it out evenly.
3. In a small mixing bowl, mix the remaining ½ cup sugar, ? cup cocoa powder, and the hot water together. Carefully pour this mixture over the batter. Do not stir.
4. Cover your slow cooker. Cook the Cake on High for 2-3 hours.
5. After 2 hours, use a potholder to remove the lid. Carefully stick a toothpick into the center of the Cake and pull it out. If the toothpick looks wet, the Cake need to keep cooking. If it has some dry crumbs on it, it’s time to eat.
5. If the Cake needs to cook longer, continue to test it with a toothpick every 15 minutes until it’s done.
Serving Suggestion: Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Top with powdered sugar and whipped cream if you wish.